Monday, March 8, 2010

Rune Guneriussen

The norwegian photographer Rune Guneriussen had an exhibition of his newest project "Don´t Leave the Lights On" at Hå Gamle Prestegard February through March and I decided to go and see it. Actually, Guneriussen is an installation artist, but he also takes photos of his creations afterwards. Jæren, the place where I live is often his first choice when it comes to installations and photography. This exhibition consisted mainly of lights or electric objects in places they are rarely or never seen like by the sea, in the woods and so on. "Don´t Leave the Lights On" is probably a title to make you think of our consummation of electricity, and our frequent usage of electricity. It was a lovely collection of photos, especially the on with the globes was my favorite. The placement of the artificial light against the natural light make the photos surrealistic and mysterious.


This was sort of an impulsive little trip that I was not prepared for so I didn´t have my camera with me, so I had to use my cellphone. Sorry! But if you look past the bad quality you can see that these globes have been sitting here for a while, because of the snow on top of them. 



Here Guneriussen has recreated one of his installations in the location where he had his exhibition. The lights and the branches are sort of a mix between organic/mechanic and natural/artificial. It makes lots of contrasts both in color, shape and light.


Some of the photos also featured books stacked in rows. In some pictures the books flow with the terrain and sometimes they are randomly put in piles to break with the natural lines. This was an interesting composition.

Laila

No comments:

Post a Comment